Dual Asynchronous Harmonic Tremolo
Originally launched in 2019 as a one off special, the Old Blood Noise Endeavors Blackcap makes their harmonic take on the Whitecap dual asynchronous tremolo a full member of the OBNE roster.
Blackcap is like the Whitecap, but different. Retaining the three-control analog tremolo side of the original, Blackcap takes the digital tap side into the realm of harmonic tremolo. Where Whitecap turned your volume up and down, Blackcap crossfades between your highs and lows. Mixed in parallel or series with the amplitude modulating tremolo, Blackcap is a new aural experience.
• Analog and Digital Harmonic Tremolos in one pedal - for a world of interweaving textures
• Analog Tremolo - goes from slow to almost ring-mod fast
• Digital Harmonic Tremolo - sports 5 wave-shapes and Tap Tempo control
• Ramp Mode - shift the speed up or down by holding the tap footswitch
• Series/Parallel Toggle - for interacting of independent tremolo tones
• Expression Port - for external tap control
• Subdivision Toggle - set the tap tempo to deliver either Quarter notes, Eighth notes or Triplets
• Relay Bypass switching
• Powered by regular 9 V DC PSU
(centre -, 2.1 mm, ~106 mA current draw)
The Blackcap will take you far down the sonic rabbit hole and it will do it fast! On the right-hand-side of the pedal you get a classic analog tremolo, which goes from slow sways to flickeringly fast tremolo chops, while the left-hand features a digital tap-tempo controlled harmonic tremolo, serving up supremely slow waves and shooting synthy pulses via its 5 selectable wave shapes (Sine, Triangle, Square, Saw and Reverse Saw).
Use the tremolo independently for classic tremolo tones or play only through the harmonic tremolo for distinctively lush modulating sounds. Perhaps begin to combine them, in either series or parallel, for unique choppy chain reactions that will far transcend the tremolo worlds you’re used to.
Sync up the digital harmonic tremolo to the beat of your music with Blackcap’s tap tempo feature, throw in the analog tremolo side and get either a complimentary counter-rhythm or a touch of un-synced trippy madness. Now hold down tap tempo and hear your harmonic tremolo suddenly glide into a totally different rhythm, seeing you create new evolving textures on the fly.
Whether you want to retain a firm grasp of realities or want your pulsating perceptions turned upside down, the Blackcap is sure to deliver the goods.