Zoom Your Sound
The H1n’s low-cut filter ensures that you’ll capture your music with the cleanest possible audio. This makes it great for recording vocals, guitar solos, and rehearsals anywhere as it offers up to 10 hours of recording time by battery power.
Capture Quality Sound for Film
Thanks to the H1n’s durable build and high-quality stereo mics, DSLR-based filmmakers will enjoy using it in the field. Plus, its tone and slate generators make it easy to mark start and stop points for syncing audio to video.
High Performance on Display
A graphic LCD display, one-touch button controls, and localized menus make it easy to quickly record song ideas, audio for film projects, lectures or meetings, podcast interviews, and more.
Built-In X/Y Condenser Microphone
Built-in X/Y microphone capture high-quality stereo sound in WAV and MP3 formats. The H1n supports 16- and 24-bit WAV audio at sampling rates of 44.1, 48, or 96 kHz. The mics cover a wide area while emphasizing the center of the sound field, allowing creators to record crystal clear audio in almost any setting.
An advanced onboard limiter offers distortion-free signal up to 120 dB SPL. You can capture concerts, band practice, or other loud settings without compromising audio quality. A low-cut filter also helps eliminate pops, wind noise, and unwanted low frequency rumble.
Enhanced Playback and Control
Use Playback Speed Control to transcribe music, interviews and other types of recordings; or use A-B Repeat to playback and repeat specific recordings. The Stereo Bounce feature lets you overdub new sounds over existing audio. You can also set the H1n to auto-record, pre-record, and self-time.
The Connections You Need
A convenient stereo ⅛" mini phone jack mic/line input lets you record with your favorite external microphones or connect to other digital devices. The H1n also supplies plug-in power (2.5 volts) for condenser microphones. Connect headphones and monitor your recordings via the ⅛" headphones output with dedicated volume control, or simply use the built-in speaker to listen to your recordings.
State of the Art Editing
The Zoom H1n comes with free download licenses for Steinberg’s Cubase LE music production software and WaveLab LE audio editing software, providing not just the ability to capture superior audio, but to do spectacular things with it.
Multi-language User Menu
The H1n features now a multi-language user menu. Simply choose between English, German, Chinese, Japanese, French and Spanish and all user menu entries shown in the LCD display will appear in the language you’ve selected.
- High quality X/Y condenser microphones for versatile crystal clear stereo recording
- High performance graphic 1.25” LCD display and new one-touch button controls
- Multi-language user menu supports German, Chinese, Japanese, French, and Spanish
- Advanced limiter allows distortion free recording up to 120 dB SPL
- Optional audio interface operation: USB class compliant
- Powered by 2 AAA batteries for up to 10 hours of continuous use
- Optional AC adapter Zoom AD-17 for continuous power (not included)
- Playback speed control, Voice Emphasize Filter, and A-B repeat playback
- Tone generator for filmmaking use with DSLR and video cameras
- Stereo Bounce feature for overdubbing new sounds over existing audio
- Auto-record, pre-record, and self-time functions
- Supports recording in 16 and 24 bit WAV at 44.1, 48, or 96 kHz, or MP3
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Micro USB port for data exchange to and from computer and use as an audio interface
- Built-in mono speaker: 500 mW 8Ω
- ⅛” mini phone jack mic/line input
- ⅛” phone/line output jack with dedicated volume control
- Includes license for Cubase LE and WaveLab LE
- What's included with the H1n
- 2 AAA Batteries
- Steinberg Cubase and WaveLab LE
- Quick Start Guide
Optional APH-1n Accessory Pack includes
- AD-17 AC adapter
- USB cable
- Tripod stand
- Padded-shell case
- MA-2 mic stand adapter
Optional Accessories available separately
- WSU-1 universal hairy windscreen
- HS-1 hot shoe mount
- MA-2 tripod to mic stand adapter
- AD-17 AC adapter
- Recording media: microSD/microSDHC cards (Class 4 or higher, up to 32 GB)
- Recording formats
- WAV: 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/24-bit, 96 kHz/24-bit
- MP3: 48 kbps, 128 kbps, 192 kbps, 256 kbps, 320 kbps
- Display: 1.25" monochrome LCD (96×64) with REC LED (red)
- Built-in mic
- 90° XY stereo format
- 120 dB SPL maximum input sound pressure
- −∞ dB – +39 dB input gain
- MIC/LINE IN
- Input connector: stereo mini jack
- −∞ dB – +39 dB input gain
- 2 kΩ or higher input impedance
- plug-in power (2.5 V) supported
- Outputs: Combined line/headphone stereo mini jack
- Built-in speaker: 500 mW 8Ω mono speaker
- Mass storage class operation: USB 2.0 High Speed
- Audio interface operation: USB class compliant
- 44.1/48kHz sampling rate, 16-bit depth, 2-in/2-out
- Transfer method: asynchronous
- 2 AAA batteries (alkaline, NiMH or lithium)
- AC adapter (ZOOM AD-17): DC 5V/1A
- Estimated continuous recording time using batteries
- About 10 hours (alkaline batteries, using built-in mic, 44.1 kHz/16-bit) Note: The above value is approximate.
- Note: The continuous battery operation time was determined using in-house testing methods. It will vary greatly according to use conditions.
- External dimensions: 50.0 mm (W) × 137.5 mm (D) × 32.0 mm (H)
- Weight: 60 g (main unit only)