The world’s greatest hollow body guitars just got even better. Designed for the working professional, our all-new Players Edition Hollow Body instruments preserve the authentic Gretsch sound and style while incorporating cutting-edge features for maximum power, comfort and versatility.
At the intersection of innovation and tribute, the G6122TG Players Edition Country Gentleman® Hollow Body with String-Thru Bigsby® and Gold Hardware is a state-of-the-art instrument built for the fleet-fingered guitarist.
Parallel bracing delivers resonant hollow body sound from the comfortable 2”-deep maple body. The Electrotone-body style revisits a vintage design from the 1960s, and its shallow depth, simulated f-holes and sealed top provide additional feedback control and low-end thump.
The all-new FT-67 Filter’Tron™ humbucking pickups were designed to capture authentic vintage Gretsch voicing but with a more well-rounded tone for modern playing styles. This powerful pair of pickups provide open and pristine top-end chime, glassy midrange, robust low end and balanced harmonics for tone that blends seamlessly with other instruments. The control complement — separate bridge and neck volume controls, three-way pickup toggle switching, no-load master tone and master volume — allows for infinite tonal variations. Our “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitor adds smooth vintage tone while the all-new treble bleed circuit lets your guitar retain all of its tasty clarity when rolling the volume control down.
A 12”-radius ebony fingerboard with rolled edges, 22 medium jumbo frets top a 25.5”-scale maple neck with a comfortably familiar standard “U”-shaped profile for fluidly easy playing, while Luminlay® side dots offer precision fretting in low-light settings. The Bigsby B6GP vibrato tailpiece and Adjusto-Matic™ bridge combine with the Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL nut for maximum tuning stability. The Bigsby tailpiece is now string-through, making it quicker (and easier) to change strings, as well as providing increased vibration transfer for enhanced sustain.
A lively playing partner, this Country Gent presents sterling sophistication — from the Walnut Stain gloss urethane finish to the gold Grover® Imperial™ locking tuning machines and gold G-arrow control knobs to the white bound neck, body and simulated F-holes, striking pearloid Neo-Classic™ thumbnail inlays and gold vintage pickguard with Gretsch logo.
Designed to instill complete confidence from tailpiece to tuners, the G6122TG Players Edition Country Gentleman Hollow Body with String-Thru Bigsby and Gold Hardware can be trusted on every song, every night for powerful sound, tonal flexibility and full control of that classic Gretsch power.
- 17”-wide, 2”-deep maple body with parallel bracing
- Electrotone-body style has a shallow depth, sealed top and simulated f-holes
- Set “U”-shaped maple neck with 25.5” scale length
- 12”-radius ebony fingerboard with rolled edges, 22 medium jumbo frets, pearloid Neo-Classic™ thumbnail inlays and Luminlay® side dots
- All-new FT-67 Filter’Tron™ humbucking pickups in the neck and bridge positions
- Three-position pickup toggle switch, individual volume controls for neck and bridge pickups, master volume control with treble bleed circuit and master no-load tone control with “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitor
- String-thru Bigsby® B6GP vibrato tailpiece and Adjusto-Matic™ bridge on pinned ebony base
- Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL nut
- Grover® Imperial™ locking tuners and Grover strap locks
- Available in Walnut Stain with a gold vintage pickguard and gold hardware
- G6242L Gretsch® 17" deluxe hollow body hardshell case included