Handmade 2 pc Alder body with correct deep and rounded contours, and correct 60's routing
- Handmade qtr sawn flame maple neck with correct rounded edges/contours at the headstock for this era
- Vintage reclaimed 250 year old dark Indian rosewood slab fingerboard with correct curved fingerboard join at the headstock
- Double action truss rod with vintage correct cross head adjuster at the heel of the neck (cuts into the fingerboard like the originals)
- 9.5' radius board
- Jescar '6150' fretwire
- Vintage chunky C neck profile (0.890" - 0.990")
- Paper thin nitrocellulose finish from the wood up
- hand made unbleached bone nut
- Gotoh machine heads
- correct 60's butterfly string tree
- aged clay dot markers
- correct 1962 serial number neck plate
- Mint green pickguard with wide bevelled edge, machining marks, warpage, shrinkage cracks etc with full aluminum shielding plate underneath
- Period correct pickup covers and knobs, with correct small numbering / letters
- Pickups are handwound MB60's pickups made by Radioshop Pickups to Mikes specs
- Luxe orange dime capacitor
- CTS True Vintage Taper pots
- CRL 5 way switch
- Switchcraft jack
- Cloth wiring
- Callaham vintage premium tremolo bridge unit with shallow ball end recess in the steel block
- Comes with Gator vintage hardcase and M.B. certificate
ABOUT M.B. GUITARS
M.B. Guitars was formed by myself, Mike Bowes, a vintage guitar fanatic and luthier. I started out building guitars back in 2008, working as part of the fantastic team at SimS Custom / Enfield Guitars.
It was here that I saw a lot of vintage guitars coming through the door for repairs, re spray work and set ups. I found myself working on some special projects over the years, working on vintage guitars and basses from the likes of Peter Frampton, Leo Lyons (Ten Years After), Norman Watt Roy (BlockHeads), Dave Swift (Jools Holland Band) to name a few.
This is where my love for 50's and 60's Fender guitars started.
Over the years, I experimented with different ageing processes on my own guitars that I built to try to get an authentic looking replica that sounded and felt like the originals, after seeing a lot of low quality, low cost ‘relics’ that started appearing for sale online. I then sold these on my website 'Operationstrat'.. (a nod to my favourite guitar) and received a lot of praise and positive feedback on how the guitars played, felt and looked.
M.B. Guitars was started in 2020 and is dedicated to offering handmade vintage correct replicas of the originals, built using original processes, and only the best components available today. My guitars offer an authentic look, feel and sound, which is built around the players needs.