Take It Away
Do you want to play?
Take it away is an Arts Council initiative designed to help more people get involved in learning and playing music. The scheme allows individuals to apply for a loan of up to £2,000 for the purchase of any kind of musical instrument, and pay it back in nine monthly instalments, completely interest free.
Take it away is open to anyone aged 18-25, or if you are over 25 you can use the scheme to purchase an instrument for a child under 18 that is in full time education, but primarily designed to help those who might otherwise be unable to afford an instrument appropriate for their needs.
Our priorities are:
- to encourage children and young people to develop their interests and skills in music making
- to inspire new players of all ages to begin learning an instrument
- to enable those on lower incomes to acquire an instrument appropriate to their needs (or the needs of their children)
Typical 0% APR
Offer subject to age and status. Terms and conditions apply. Take it away is operated by ArtCo Trading Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Arts Council England. Registered address: Arts Council England, North East, Central Square, Forth Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 3PJ
How do I Take it away?
First, find an instrument that you want to buy. If you don't know what you're looking for, call or email either store where we will be able to give you help and advice in selecting the right instrument for your needs.
Once you've made your decision, you can apply for a Take it away loan to finance your purchase. You will need to bring a credit or debit card with you in order to pay the 10% deposit. The application process takes no more than a few minutes and, if approved, you can take your purchase away with you there and then.
To apply for a loan you need to be:
- Aged 18-25, or over 25 but buying for a child under 18 that is in full time education.
- A permanent UK resident
- Hold a bank or building society account capable of handling direct debit payments
- if you are under 18, your parent or guardian can apply for a Take it away loan on your behalf. Loans are subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.
How much can I borrow?
Loans are available up to £5,000, or as little as £350, depending on product and loan duration.
You will need to pay a minimum 10% of the loan amount at the point of sale. The rest is then paid back over nine or 18 months in equal instalments. There is no administrative charge or handling fee when you take out the loan, so you will never be paying more for your purchase than the ticket price.